You want to control your Google Ads campaigns using etracker data? That’s no big deal with the Google Ads Conversion Upload. The only thing you need to do is to have Google Ads Tracking integrated.
The automatic upload of conversion data to Google Ads enables you to
- see the conversion rates and sales of your campaigns directly in Google Ads, so that you can control and analyse campaigns completely in Google Ads.
- use conversions and sales for automatic bidding strategies such as target CPA or target ROAS.
The upload is only necessary once and can be set up in just three steps:
1. Setup of the Conversion Upload Settings in etracker Analytics
You can find the settings for the Google Ads conversion upload under Marketing Reports → Sources → Google Ads Basic by clicking on the magic wand:
After the Suffix field of the final URL has been filled with the appropriate parameters for all Google Ads campaigns, the following settings can be made for the conversion upload:
- Interval setting for the upload
- Selection of the attribution model for the assignment of the conversion data
- Choosing the conversion actions to be submitted
A daily upload loads the data of the last two days (yesterday and the day before yesterday) into Google Ads, a weekly upload loads the data of the last fourteen days (yesterday, the day before yesterday, …).
Notice: The frequency of uploads selected here must match the frequency set later in Google Ads!
2. Setup of the Conversion Upload in Google Ads
To do this, log in to Google Ads and then click on Tools in the menu bar:
Go to Conversions under Measurement:
For scheduled uploads, click on Schedules and set up a new schedule by clicking on the + symbol:
Select HTTPS as the source and paste the source URL created in the upload settings in etracker Analytics into the Source URL field:
This ensures that only Google Ads can collect the data. The source URL can be renewed at any time in etracker Analytics, but must then be entered again in Google Ads.
Finally, you set the frequency and time and then click on Save and Show Preview to save the schedule. Google Ads loads the data for the first time, displays a preview and starts the automatic upload.
Notice: The frequency of the upload in Google Ads must match the frequency selected when generating the source URL.
To ensure that all conversions from the previous day have been processed, we recommend setting the upload time between 3:00 and 8:00.
3. Create Conversion Actions in Google Ads
The last step is to create the conversion actions in Google Ads.
To do this, go to Tools → Conversions → Conversion Actions and click on the + symbol.
Under Import, select Other data sources or CRM systems and then Record click conversions.
Now set the appropriate category and enter depending on the conversion selection:
- For orders: lead
- For purchases: sale
- For all goals in total: target_achievement
- For selected targets: the name of the respective target process as shown under Basic Reports → Content → Website targets.
Please make sure to use the action names in exactly the right spelling.
Complete the steps for all conversion actions that are to be transferred, and fill in the other fields according to the instructions:
When all conversion actions to be taken into account have been created, the conversion upload setup is complete.